CSG Columbia: Home Delivery Driver (part-time) Apply Now
Lowcountry Street Grocery is the flagship of our family of social enterprises conjointly dedicated to providing a more equitable, sustainable local food system for all. Lowcountry Street Grocery (LSG) began as a single grassroots mobile farmers’ market intent on bringing “produce to the people” and hitting the road in April 2017. LSG has now grown and diversified with two adjoining sister enterprises: Community Supported Grocery (CSG) and GroceryRx (GRx). Community Supported Grocery aims to connect small farmers and producers to neighbors all across the Charleston area, with a particular focus on local food equity and convenience via home delivery. GroceryRx is LSG’s comprehensive RDN-led produce-prescription program. It is deliberately designed to employ the power of healthy food and nutrition education to clinical settings, ultimately empowering health & wellness equity through community and data-driven results. GRx is both buoyed and leveraged by the immense community, inventory, and experience of LSG, with the expansive logistics, volume, and geography of CSG. Under the wings of Lowcountry Street Grocery, both CSG & GRx exponentially advance the collective mission to sustainably and radically address systemic barriers to healthy food access, food insecurity, as well as local food proliferation. All outlets employ our “Robin Hood” pricing strategy that leverages revenue from high demand sales to directly address community needs. We envision a community that naturally supports both neighbors in need and small, local producers through radical, innovative systems that prove sustainability and resilience. As we grow our team, we seek individuals that believe in our mission and are invested in helping to make that vision a reality. Phew.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated individual to facilitate home deliveries in the Columbia area for Community Supported Grocery 1-2x weekly. This position requires experience in a fast-paced environment, adaptability, and attention to detail. The CSG Columbia Driver position mainly focuses on the following areas of daily operations: delivery & customer interaction, coordinating with CSG Charleston team members, as well as minor reporting and occasional onsite production. The hours of operation for the CSG Columbia Driver are currently on Tuesdays between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM. The CSG Columbia Driver role is a part-time, hourly contracted/1099 position. The CSG Columbia Driver will work directly with other CSG Associates, CSG Assistant Manager, CSG General Manager (GM), while reporting directly to the CSG Assistant Manager and CSG GM. This position must maintain strict operation and delivery standards both onsite and offsite. This position will require an interest in the field of local food systems and food justice, strong communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to pivot and problem solve. This position is ideal for someone pursuing a career in food, nutrition, customer-relations, social entrepreneurship, retail, non-profit, and public health.
- Loading, transporting, and delivering CSG product/bundles to customer’s homes accurately, safely and in a timely manner.
- Deliver between 30-60 grocery bundles every Tuesday, while adhering to the CSG delivery schedule and policies.
- Represent local farmers and producers products in the best way possible with utmost respect.
- Communicate with customers thoughtfully, with a focus on how to best offer unique services, exceeding customer needs.
- Facilitate, document and communicate daily reports, customer feedback, and updates/issues.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
TEAM MEMBER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in local agriculture/food and beverage appreciated.
- Abide by all transportation rules and regulations.
- Must Obtain & Maintain a clean driving record and valid insurance
- Able to take direction, work independently, and as a member of a team to be a force for good in the community.
- Possess a love of people and a desire for excellent customer service.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Has good problem-solving and organizational skills, is hard-working and creative, and pays attention to details.
- Must possess a passion for clean, local food and telling the story behind the food and the producer.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing. Including, conducting oneself in an honest, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees and the public and keep LSG a family friendly atmosphere.
- Ability to deal with conflict among employees or customers in a non-threatening and redemptive way.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have great time management skills to adhere to delivery schedules.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to change when required.
- Reporting for work in a timely manner when scheduled.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stooping, walking, standing and sitting/driving in a vehicle for long periods at a time
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs throughout the day
- Must be flexible with “farm-type” working conditions, mostly spent outside.
Must have reliable transportation and a smartphone.
- Must be amenable to utilizing personal vehicle for transporting and delivering CSG bundles in the Columbia area. Vehicle must be kept clean and cool for transporting produce and food items. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Must be amenable to utilizing personal smartphone for delivery routing app, and communication with customers and teammates.
POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH
Like all positions within LSG, the CSG Driver position is setup for internal growth. The following positions are examples of suitable organizational mobility:
- CSG Fleet Commander
- CSG Expeditor
- CSG Assistant Manager
- LSG Administrator
- LSG Market Associate
- GRx Coordinator
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Pay starts at depending $16 hourly plus tips
- 4-8 Expected Weekly Hours
- 20% discount on groceries, CSG, free weekly “Fam Bag”
- Access to Future Company Growth Options
- Volunteer Opportunities
Lowcountry Street Grocery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter to apply. Position is open until filled.