Community Supported Grocery Associate (part-time) Apply Now
Community Supported Grocery (CSG) is the sister enterprise to Lowcountry Street Grocery (LSG). CSG aims to connect small farmers and producers to neighbors all across the Charleston area, with a particular focus on local food equity and convenience via home delivery. CSG compliments the principles of LSG’s mission-driven social enterprise that is dedicated to providing a more equitable, local food system for both consumers and producers. Under the wings of LSG, both CSG & GroceryRx (produce prescription program) maintain a collective mission to sustainably and radically address systemic barriers to healthy food access, food insecurity, and local food proliferation through inclusion and community. At our retail outlets we employ a “Robin Hood” pricing strategy that leverages revenue from high demand sales to directly address community needs. We envision a community that naturally supports both small, local producers and neighbors in need through innovative and sustainable systems. As we grow our team, we seek individuals that believe in our mission and are invested in helping to make that vision a reality.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated individual to assist with all onsite operations and home delivery for Community Supported Grocery. This position requires experience in a fast-paced environment, adaptability, and attention to detail. The Grocer position wears many hats but mainly focuses on the following areas of daily operations: product coordination & receiving, sorting, and packing; onsite administration, CSG aggregation, assembly, and expediting; routing, delivering, and customer interaction. Our hours of operation range from 7am - 7pm, depending on season, Mondays-Saturdays or as further directed by management. The CSG Associate Grocer role is a part-time, hourly position. *Beginning September 30, 2022 all CSG Associates will potentially share time with LSG mobile market, in a retail setting.
The Associate Grocer will work directly with other CSG Associates, CSG Assistant Manager, Expeditor/Coordinator, CSG General Manager (GM), while reporting directly to the CSG Assistant Manager and CSG GM. This position must maintain strict operation and delivery standards both onsite and offsite. This position will require an interest in the field of local food systems and food justice, strong communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to pivot and problem solve. This position is ideal for someone pursuing a career in food, nutrition, customer-relations, social entrepreneurship, retail, non-profit, and public health.
- Assist in execution of daily CSG operations from facility opening/closing, inventory and quality control management, logistics, company ethos & rules and coordinating with farmers and producers
- Understand LSG inventory in order to sell a variety of products with the ability to recommend products, pairings, and build menus.
- Represent farmers and producers products in the best way possible with utmost respect.
- Support other LSG initiatives such as community outreach, Lowcountry Street Grocery (mobile market), GroceryRx etc.
- Communicate with customers thoughtfully, with a focus on how to best offer unique services, exceeding customer needs.
- Assist in CSG Production: preparation, delivery, operations, customer correspondence.
- Loading, transporting, and delivering product/bundles accurately, safely and in a timely manner
- Help execute daily operations onsite thru packing CSG Bundles, production site organization and product receiving and breakdown
- Deliver between 25-70 bundles per day while adhering to delivery schedule and policies
- Facilitate, document and communicate daily reports, customer payments and feedback, and updates/issues.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
TEAM MEMBER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in local agriculture/food and beverage appreciated.
- Abide by all transportation rules and regulations
- Must Obtain & Maintain a clean driving record and valid insurance
- Able to take direction, work independently, and as a member of a team to be a force for good in the community.
- Possess a love of people and a desire for excellent customer service.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Has good problem-solving and organizational skills, is hard-working and creative, and pays attention to details.
- Must possess a passion for clean, local food and telling the story behind the food and the producer.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.Including, conducting oneself in an honest, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees and the public and keep LSG a family friendly atmosphere.
- Ability to deal with conflict among employees or customers in a non-threatening and redemptive way.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have great time management skills to adhere to delivery schedules.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to change when required.
- Reporting for work in a timely manner when scheduled.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods at a time
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs throughout the day
- Must be flexible with “farm-type” working conditions, mostly spent outside.
Must have reliable transportation and a smartphone.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be amenable to utilizing personal smartphone for delivery routing app, and communication with customers and teammates.
POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH
The Associate Grocer position is strategically designed as a springboard for growth. The following positions are examples of suitable organizational mobility:
- CSG Fleet Coordinator
- CSG Fleet Commander
- CSG Expeditor
- CSG Assistant Manager
- LSG Administrator
- LSG Market Associate
- GRx Coordinator
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Pay starts at $15-$17 hourly depending on experience
- 15-30 Expected Weekly Hours
- Additional Compensation Incentives
- Project-Based Milestones & Personal Targets Available
- 20% discount on groceries, CSG, free weekly “Fam Bag”
- 1 PTO Day per 6 months worked (if working >20hrs/wk on average)
- Eligible for 2 Sick Days per year (if working >20hrs/wk on average)
- Option for 401K election with company match
- Discounted gym membership with O2 Fitness Charleston locations
- Annual Executive check-ins
- Priority For Upper Level Company Positions
- Access to Future Company Growth Options
- Volunteer Opportunities
Lowcountry Street Grocery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter to apply. Position is open until filled.|||Charleston, SC |||||||||QJH0WcL.oVst3CMq|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false